Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Blinking red light and not charging

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

Blinking red light and not charging

Postby Lardasse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:08 am

Hi,

I havent used my GoPro for some time and have just started to try and use it again. I have plugged it in to charge it and all it does is flash red. When I take it off the charger it hasnt charged at all. I've tried to search what the red blinking light means but cant find any information on what to do to get the camera to charge.

Thanks in advance
Lardasse

Re: Blinking red light and not charging

Postby flareside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:19 am

Are you charging from the computer? If so, read the previous threads on the subject.
flareside

Postby Lardasse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 am

Ive tried to charge it from the computer and also a power point. Would you be able to direct me to these threads? As I said before I havent been able to find any information on it, otherwise I would not need to ask.

Thanks
Lardasse

Postby flareside » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 am

If you have also tried a power point, you may have a bad battery or an underpowered power point. Try these:

hd-gopro-issues-t2691.html

charging-battery-t2284.html

can-t-charge-brand-new-t1763.html

5v-charging-question-t1501.html
flareside

Postby Lardasse » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Flareside. That third link is exactly whats happening to me. Looks like I'm going to be ordering a new battery!
Lardasse

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3