Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Sticky GoPro buttons

This Old Forum is now locked but ARCHIVED, if anyone wants a thread resurrected, let us know and it will be transferred to the Updated Forums.

Sticky GoPro buttons

Postby progo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:44 am

The buttons on my gopro case have become a bit sticky (not springing back when pressed)

Anyone have the same issue?
Live Life.
progo

Re: Sticky GoPro buttons

Postby Niblett » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:19 am

Only time I've seen this happen was with the LCD side button in the case. It was caught just inside the button hole so I removed it from the case another press it came clear and seated proper again.
Niblett

Postby adlib13 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 am

I'm having this same issue. My HD Hero2 case is only a month old and has not been exposed to any extreme conditions other than two days of warm-weather skiing, and yet both the mode and shutter buttons on the waterproof case have become incredibly sticky and hard to press. They barely spring back after being pressed now.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm afraid to use oil/lube/grease on them because I don't know what the little black o-rings are made of, and don't want to have any issues with chemical incompatibilities

Help!
adlib13

Postby TrollHDTV » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 am

You can use dielectric grease very sparingly with a toothpick. The same stuff is sold as "tune up grease" for spark plug boots. It has a silicone base and will not ever hurt or swell any O-ring ever. I have been using it for more than 20 years on O-rings prior to assembly for lubrication propertys. Only down side is it will attract dirt.
TrollHDTV

Return to Old Forum Topics - Questions, Problems and Observations - HD1, HD2 & HD3