Welcome
Welcome to goprouser

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you full access to view most discussions and access.. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements if any. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today! Any issues email goprousergroup@gmail.com

Witch macbook pro retina ?

Mac related Editing Software but NOT GoPro Studio

Witch macbook pro retina ?

Postby Rabbit » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:41 am

Hi,

I really want to buy a MacBookPro retina 13" but I was wondering about the configuration...

I want it to be super fast for normal life programs (itune, photo, safari, page...) but of course I want it to run GoPro studio but also adobe premiere, photoshop and maybe finalcut X...

for the moment I own an HP pavilion dm4 with I5 cpu and 4Go of RAM but it really lag when I play video shoot at 60 fps and I always have to reduce the siez of the video to a quarter when I edit my footages.... and even with that, it lags !!

Anyone own a 13" retina ? what configuration do you have ? does it lag when you use edition programs ?

thanks
Rabbit

Re: Witch macbook pro retina ?

Postby r1d3snowboards » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:51 pm

i have a 15" model but its specs are
i7 2.6 quadcore
dual graphics
8gb ram (plenty but more wont hurt)
512gb ssd

i use fcpx/motion/photoshop/LR on the daily and it hasnt let me down. fwiw its a '12 model
r1d3snowboards

Re: Witch macbook pro retina ?

Postby Ifti » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:15 am

You probably already purchased by now, but FWIW I have the following specs on my main editing machine:

2013 rMBP 15"
2.6 Quad i7
16GB RAM
1TB SSD
nVidia 750m GPU

I use FCPX with no issues whatsoever, although all render and project files are kept on an external Lacie 20TB ThunderBolt 2 drive.

I also have a 2012 Mac Mini Server
2.6 Quad i7
8GB RAM
2x1TB HDD

Although I don't use this for editing any more as the above MacBook took over that task, I used to edit again with FCPX on this perfectly fine.

Finally I also have a 2013 MacBook Air 11"
1.7 Dual i7
8GB RAM
256GB SSD

This is used as my email/internet/general machine, although I do have FCPX on it, which again runs perfectly fine.
Ifti

Return to Mac